Thursday, June 02, 2005

Defensive medicince

This survey described that:
Ninety-three percent of the Pennsylvania doctors surveyed in 2003 said they sometimes or often practiced "defensive medicine" because of malpractice concerns.
So, to paraphrase an old joke, 93% of doctors admitted to practicing defensive medicine and the other 7% lied.

Are there really doctors out there who haven't ordered tests to rule out something or confirm something just because they felt the need to "buff the chart?"