Saturday, March 05, 2005

Hi Speed At Last

I live out in the sticks where we are lucky to have running water. Come to think of it, we don't actually have running water, we have a well.

Anyway, we don't have cable or DSL. We have been relying on dial-up. Years ago, I had Direcway satellite, but I didn't like it very much. First of all, it only worked on Windows OS and I have been a Mac man since 1989. It was very buggy, conflicted with a lot of other software, and crashed/lost connection frequently.

We have basically had to rely on dial-up. I know, cry for me.

I rechecked on the Direcway and it is now available for any operating system! The old Direcway had the software residing on the computer, now it resides in the modem.

I plugged the ethernet cable from the modem into an Airport Express and now my house is a HotSpot!