- Health courts could begin to solve these problems by providing consistent expert rulings on standards of care. Health courts could work in a number of ways, but we believe the general ingredients would include the following:
- full-time judges assisted by medical staff, who would make written rulings;
- neutral experts hired by the court;
- a liberalized standard of recovery, so that liability is automatic where there is a clear mistake;
- scheduled limits on non-economic damages, varying according to the nature of the injury.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Thanks to MedRants.