Saturday, February 05, 2005

Amazon has instituted Amazon Prime, where you prepay for a year of expedited 2 day shipping. As someone who uses Amazon a lot and usually selects the free shipping, this is a great deal for me. I get 2 day shipping and spread the cost (currently $79) over all the purchases I will make over the next year. Believe me, the per purchase cost will be minimal.

One advantage is that I can use the 1-click purchasing. When you are viewing an item and click the 1-click purchase, that's it. It is added to your cart, purchased and shipped with one click. Even if you are buying something inexpensive, it's OK, because your shipping is prepaid. Under the free shipping program, you had to buy at least $25 to qualify and sometimes had to wait until you had purchased several items.